First things first, Magento and Magento 2 aren’t the same thing; which is why this is a specific post rather than a general one. With so many options available in the market today, opting for the right one becomes imperative as a payment gateway is one the most critical entities when it comes to your e-commerce website.
A Much Needed Reminder – How Do Payment Gateways Even Work?
What a solid payment gateway focuses on is security. It helps to encrypt critical customer data so that they can indulge in safe shopping. A payment gateway is often labelled as an intermediate between the bank and the merchant. Hence, it is the key to a safe passage right from when the customer enters his/her credit card details to fulfilling the transaction as a whole.
Magento 2 comes with 3 pre-integrated default payment gateways:
- net: AIM version
When Magento 2 Theme Customization is under consideration, these are the payment gateway options you should look out for before moving elsewhere:
- This one’s too irresistible to NOT be put first on the list. One that needs no introduction, Amazon’s clearly the Daddy of e-commerce businesses across the world.
- Launched back in the year 2007, this gateway allows you to make transactions using its very own API (Application Program Interface).
- It provides 2 critical services i.e. ASP (Amazon Simple Pay) and CBA (Checkout by Amazon).
- It can be easily integrated with all existing CRMs which is a boon for developers.
- The amalgamation of a robust fault detection system and customer protection system forms a solid backbone considering safety is always under the microscope.
- Users can fulfil all transactions on-site.
- Seamlessly integrates with the existing CRMs.
- Stay in control of the overall shopping experience of the customers.
- Provides good value for money when compared to its counterparts.
- Comes with a credible fault detection system.
- Capability to validate users with a familiar login.
- Built-in customer protection system.
- Comes with a wide variety of merchant-specific tools such as logos, marketing guide, payment marks and buttons.
- Might turn out to be too expensive for some in cases where number of transactions is low.
Authorize.net CIM version:
- Authorize.net payment gateway is one of the top picks for Magento eCommerce development. If you want your users to shop more and spend less time checking out, this one’s tailor made for your needs.
- This is efficient in its operation and time saving in nature; a win-win situation isn’t it?
- Contrary to the AIM version available as default, visitors don’t need to re-enter the payment information. This is made possible thanks to the highly extensive Customer Information Manager (CIM).
- It supports multiple customer profiles, providing ease of use and convenience, which is all that matters at the end of the day. Customers can further save up to 100 shipping profiles and 10 specific payment profiles.
- Every customer profile is placed on a secure server with a designated ID (a secret customer-specific code); this takes care of the safety quotient.
- Essentially time saving as users don’t have to re-enter payment information.
- Comes with a feature-rich CIM (Customer Information Manager).
- Helps to substantially improve conversation rate as it offers ease of use.
- Supports different customer profiles like payment, shipping and billing information.
- High on user experience and safety.
- Ideal for recurring payments and cases where the number of returning visitors is large.
- Not ideal in cases where users have a fixed payment schedule i.e. the transactions are always made on the same date of the same value.
- Having served over thousands of merchants across the globe, 2Checkout is finally getting the recognition it deserves.
- It stands out because of the presence of no less than 300 fraud rules, address verification and CVV verification as well.
- Comes with 300 fraud rules; high on the safety quotient.
- Safety is further ensured thanks to CVV and address verification.
- Discounts are valid for businesses where the weight of transactions exceed a particular value.
- Lacks in terms of flexibility.
- Not as well balanced as some of the other counterparts available in the market.
- Not suitable for all kinds of websites.
- There’s a reason why Worldpay servers millions of businesses across the globe. It is because it is a robust payment gateway through and through.
- It is essentially a direct processor by all means i.e. the transactions occur in-house. Ergo, no third party entity is involved which has its own benefits.
- It provides easy to use merchant accounts along with multiple ATM services, which is something that separates it from the rest.
- It is also capable of handling mobile payment along with POS options/Integrated cash register.
- Maximum safety as no third party is involved.
- Provides extensive reporting and analytics.
- Option for mobile payment options.
- Provides ATM services along with POS options.
- Credible fraud screening process.
- Might experience hefty transfer delays in some cases.
- Ends up being too costly for nascent entities.
- Industry-specific pricing plans which is tad unfair.
- The Stripe team wakes up every day to ensure that e-Commerce companies thrive and conduct business as conveniently as possible.
- Bringing forth unique tools which aid the process of handling in-app payments and transaction which occur in the marketplace, Stripe has truly revolutionized the payment gateway industry.
- Its services are currently active in over 25 countries processing 100 unique currencies along the way.
- Requires negligible setup.
- No hidden charges.
- Seamless integration for iOS and Android in-app payments.
- Free trial periods on offer.
- Presence of advanced reporting.
- Capability to assign permissions by creating different teams.
- Easily customizable.
- Limitless development opportunities for you to unravel.
- Possible integration with Bitcoin.
- Doesn’t provide 3D secure services.
- Depending on the modifications you make in terms of the functionalities available, you will be additionally charged.
Select any one of the above mentioned payment gateways and give your clients a safe and easy to use ecommerce portal.
Original Article Source-> Top Magento 2 Payment Gateways: Which One Should You Pick?